A sex therapist is a professional committed to helping you sort out and resolve any issues concerning your sexual identity and your sexual experience overall. This professional would never recommend or advise you to do anything that is inappropriate for a client/patient.
What is Sex Therapy
Most people have a tendency to ignore this part of their lives, thinking it will eventually go away or resolve itself over time. But that is not always the case and professional help may be critical into solving your issues.
Sex therapy is not just for couples. Even if you’re single, you can still see a sex therapist.
A sex therapist is a professional with knowledge and clinical practice, as well as a higher sense of awareness to human sexuality and its particular issues and dysfunctions and that is the kind of professional you should be looking for.
What Can It Do for You And Your Partner
- Lets you know you’re not alone. Sexual dysfunction is more common than one might think and there’s no need to be ashamed about it. There are solutions to sexual dysfunction and you can get the help you need.
- Lead a more satisfying sexual life. It’s possible to lead a more sexual satisfying life and feel comfortable in your own body and sexuality, as well as feel closer to your partner.
- To get to the root of the problem. Sometimes a sexual dysfunction is a symptom of another problem – whether it’s a physical or a psychological one.
- Sex therapists are professionals. Although in sex therapy, the main topic is sex, please remember sex therapists are professionals committed to an ethics code and your well-being.
Should I Go to Sex Therapy
- Uninterested in sex or low sexual arousal
- Problems with having orgasms or partner ejaculates too quickly
- A sexual life caught up in routine, boring or virtually non-existent
- Pain and discomfort during sex
- Having porn addiction or any unwanted sexual fetishes
- Fear of trying some sexual techniques and activities
By the Couples Clinic