What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence and Marital Satisfaction
Definitely, the married life would be much more delightful if both partners are able to appreciate and grow from each other’s sentiments. Moreover, the stress involved in raising children on top of career demands occasionally put a toll on couples’ emotional states. A number of relationship conflicts arise due to misunderstandings and opposing points of view. Most, if not all, intimate relationships are founded on emotional elements; hence, EI plays a major role in nourishing such unions.
Is Your Partner Emotionally Intelligent?
What To Focus On When Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- Do not interrupt or change the subject.
- Do not judge or edit your feelings too quickly.
- See if you can find connections between your feelings and other times you have felt the same way.
- Connect your feelings with your thoughts.
- Listen to your body.
- If you don’t know what you are feeling, ask somebody else.
- Tune in to your unconscious feelings.
- Ask yourself: How do I feel today?
- Write thoughts and feelings down.
- Know when enough is enough.